The CicLAvia car-free occasion is is kicking off in the town of West Hollywood tomorrow, Sunday, August 21, 2022. The City of West Hollywood, and the City of Los Angeles neighborhoods of Hollywood and East Hollywood will probably be open streets for the day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m..
From WeHo’s inclusive satisfaction crosswalks, to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, everyone seems to be invited to return alongside for the journey, stroll, bike, roll, or stroll alongside the realm’s most iconic streets for CicLAvia—Meet the Hollywoods Presented by Metro. The occasion will shut Santa Monica Boulevard from N. La Brea Avenue to N. San Vicente Boulevard to automobile site visitors and hundreds of cyclists will fill the streets.
There will probably be a kick-off press occasion a 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. at 8791 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood close to the intersection of Santa Monica Blvd and Palm Ave.
Kick-Off Press Event Speakers and Guests:
City of West Hollywood
· Mayor Lauren Meister
· Mayor Pro Tempore Sepi Shyne
· Councilmember John D’Amico
· Councilmember John M. Erickson
· Councilmember Lindsey P. Horvath
City of Los Angeles
· Mayor Eric Garcetti
· Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell
· Councilmember Nithya Raman
· Controller Ron Galperin
· Assembly member – Laura Friedman
· Assemblymember – Richard Bloom
· State Senator – Anthony Portantino
LA County Supervisors
· Supervisor Hilda Solis
· Rep. Adam Schiff
The City of West Hollywood invitations everybody to attend the CicLAvia car-free occasion the place individuals make a day of it in West Hollywood with an extended checklist of occasions that embody the City’s free Summer Sounds Concert Series finale on Sunday, August 21, 2022 at 5 p.m. at Plummer Park, positioned at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard, that includes M&M The Afro-Persian Experience. The Afro-Persian Experience is a duo that includes Persian kamancheh grasp Mehdi Bagheri and artist/percussionist Marcus L. Miller. The music consists of all unique compositions created by Bagheri & Miller and is deeply rooted in the traditions of historical Persia and Africa. Their distinctive sound outcomes from the pure distinction of their particular person musical kinds in addition to the expression of their ardour for the music. This live performance is introduced in partnership with Grand Performances supported by an arts grant from the City of West Hollywood.
Other actions alongside the route embody, outlets, eateries, native gems, and actions alongside the route utilizing our interactive Digital map.
All Hubs may have:
- Free water stations and restrooms
- First Aid stations
- Bike parking
- Free pedicabs – supplied by AARP Los Angeles, the pedicabs cease at every Hub’s Info Booth, so simply search for the signal and the yellow umbrella! First come first served.
- Free bike restore
There are much more actions and goings-on at particular person Hubs all through West Hollywood and alongside your entire proper:
West Hollywood Hubs embody:
8800 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood 90069
- Swing by the Metro Bike Share tents on the West Hollywood Hub to be taught extra concerning the bike share program, seize a motorcycle and decide up limited-edition swag! Metro Bikes will probably be out there on a first-come, first-served foundation on the tent. Skip the road and plan forward by downloading the Metro Bike Share app to buy a cross. Don’t neglect to tag @bikemetro on social, and all the time keep in mind to return your Metro Bike to a station or to a Metro Bike Share workforce member at both Walk of Fame Hub or West Hollywood Hub to finish your journey! Get a 30-day cross throughout CicLAvia weekend (8/20-8/21 solely) for simply $5 with code BIKECICLAVIA22 in the app and Online to maintain using all month
- Stop by the West Hollywood City Clerk’s sales space to be sure you’re registered to vote!
- Don’t miss the general public artwork in West Hollywood! Visit two sculptures in the median by Peter Shire, a Los Angeles artist who’s most acknowledged for being a member of the postmodern Italian design group Memphis.
- Visit different City of West Hollywood Department cubicles to study varied providers, and future planning efforts inside the City!
- Bike restore supplied by Hollydale Cycling Club
Near the Hub
- The City of West Hollywood takes satisfaction in its public artwork applications (Art on the Outside and Urban Art) and continues to enhance the general public realm with non permanent and everlasting artwork installations all through the town. For extra info go to: weho.org/arts.
Plummer Park Hub
7377 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood 90046
- Relax in the AARP play zone whereas catching up over classic board video games. Fun for all ages! They may even have giveaways together with their Portraits of Communities Commemorative Tap Cards, backpacks, and bike lights (whereas provides final).
- Don’t miss ‘Yolki Palki’ by Los Angeles artist Tanya Brodsky, a set of brightly coloured sculptures that don’t fairly work as playground gear: every one is just too tall, too quick, lacking key parts, or put in at an absurd relationship to the one subsequent to it.
- The entrance to Plummer Park may have a COVID19 Testing Site!
- Enjoy the shade inside Plummer Park, and cease by the park after CicLAvia at 5 pm to benefit from the City of West Hollywood’s free Summer Sounds Concert collection that includes M&M The Afro-Persian Experience.
- Bike Repair Brought to you by Rangels Bicycle Shop
CicLAvia is a nonprofit group that catalyzes vibrant public areas, lively transportation, and good well being by way of car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with folks to rework our relationship with our communities and with one another. Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia quickly closes streets to automotive site visitors and opens them to Angelenos to make use of as a public park. Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to one another throughout an expansive metropolis, making a protected place to bike, stroll, skate, roll, and dance by way of Los Angeles County. 1.6 million folks have skilled CicLAvia; it’s the greatest open streets occasion in the United States.
For extra details about CicLAvia 2022 — Meet the Hollywoods, please go to www.ciclavia.org/hollywood22. For basic details about CicLAvia, please go to www.ciclavia.org.