DELHI DIARIES | Ramdas Athawale’s invitation to Naveen Patnaik to affix NDA, sangh parivar’s projection of Modi, grievance in Bihar BJP after Nitish switchover & extra
Nityanand Rai and Tejashwi Yadav.
Published 28.08.22, 04:27 AM
- Politics in Bihar has gone to the cows. The Rashtriya Janata Dal scion and deputy chief minister of Bihar, Tejashwi Yadav, and the Union minister of state for dwelling, Nityanand Rai, have locked horns over who is a true Yadav. The feud between them has been brewing for a while now. Tejashwi had castigated the Bharatiya Janata Party chief for plotting methods to grow to be the Bihar CM and warned him that the individuals of the state would educate him a lesson if he didn’t mend his methods. Rai hit again by declaring himself a higher Yadav than Tejashwi. “Let us both sit together to milk buffaloes. The one who milks more will be the winner. I am a son of a farmer and I can milk five buffaloes in one go,” he dared the RJD chief. He additionally puzzled in regards to the true caste identification of the RJD chief and Tejashwi’s father, Lalu Prasad, since there are rumours that Prasad really hails from a household of shepherds and solely took on the Yadav title to achieve political benefit. Yadavs represent about 14 per cent of Bihar’s voters. It could be attention-grabbing to see Tejashwi accepting Rai’s problem. Meanwhile, one RJD chief has even considered interesting to the prime minister to place Rai in control of the animal husbandry division given the latter’s obsession with cattle.
- Ramdas Athawale, the Union minister of state for social justice and empowerment, has bowled a googly by inviting the Odisha CM, Naveen Patnaik, to affix the National Democratic Alliance throughout a latest press meet in Bhubaneswar. The remark was clearly meant to land Patnaik in a clumsy state of affairs — the Odisha CM maintains cordial relations with each the BJP and the Congress. To embarrass Patnaik additional, Athawale spoke about how the Biju Janata Dal has been lending help to the NDA in essential issues in Parliament. He additionally reminded the BJD chief of his preliminary days with the BJP. Athawale reasoned that Patnaik ought to contemplate becoming a member of the NDA for the good thing about his state as it might Help him get extra monetary help from the Centre. Political observers really feel that this is perhaps a strain tactic to convey BJD into the NDA fold after the latter’s breakup with the Janata Dal (United) in Bihar.
- India attaining the standing of ‘Vishwa Guru’ could also be a distant dream for the sangh parivar, nevertheless it leaves no stone unturned to undertaking the prime minister, Narendra Modi, because the ‘most loved’ chief, utilizing public surveys to drum his reputation on a common foundation. A latest survey by a US-based mostly firm declared Modi to be the world’s hottest chief, having a world approval score of 75 per cent. This prompted the BJP to go all out on social Media platforms,boasting how Modi’s “visionary leadership and politics of development”have made him the “most loved leader”. The saffron celebration even went on to say that the United States of America was now aping initiatives taken by Modi because the Gujarat CM, such because the era of fresh vitality and conservation of water. The poster circulated by the celebration on Twitter learn: “West following in the footsteps of India.”
- Two weeks after being shunted out of energy in Bihar by the JD(U), the BJP is nonetheless sore. Some employees have expressed displeasure over the shortage of sterling work by celebration leaders within the state that would have left a mark on individuals. They are additionally of the opinion that the celebration’s central management didn’t give particular consideration to the uncared for state, aside from constructing a few bridges, to alter public notion.“Actually our workers are happy about our party not being in power. They had been mute spectators to whatever our ministers were doing, rather not doing. None of them worked for the people or did anything out-of-the-box or worked to strengthen the party further in the state,” a senior BJP member of the legislative meeting mentioned. He additionally identified that the lacklustre efficiency by the celebration has diminished its credibility a lot that persons are detached to its opinions on the Grand Alliance.
- Shashi Tharoor, the Congress member of Parliament from Thiruvananthapuram, has, but once more, praised his celebration’s arch-enemy, the Kerala CM and Communist Party of India (Marxist) stalwart, Pinarayi Vijayan. Tharoor described Vijayan as “an efficient leader” and “a man of his words”. Having met Vijayan a number of instances, Tharoor mentioned that he revered the Kerala CM and described him as a chief with nice readability of thought. Tharoor had earlier put his celebration in a spot by lauding Vijayan’s outlook on improvement at a time when the Congress-led Opposition within the state was locked in a stiff battle with the Left. Interestingly, Tharoor had even refused to signal a memorandum towards the controversial Ok-Rail, a semi-excessive pace rail undertaking by the CM, clarifying he wanted to review the undertaking earlier than going towards it.
- Last week, the Mizoram CM, Zoramthanga, issued a public apology after protests broke out over a video of his daughter, Milari, making an attempt to assault a physician. Doctored movies of the altercation went viral immediately owing to Mizoram’s fascination with Korean popular culture. The audio of Milari making an attempt to punch a physician who refused to fulfill her with out an appointment was changed with a melodramatic heroine of Ok-drama breaking down in frustration over her love curiosity, leaving viewers wishing for a blissful ending.