Some 2,700 leaders from 130 nations, together with 52 heads of state and authorities, will probably be attending the annual assembly in Davos.
The World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Annual Meeting 2023 will happen from January 16 to twenty in Davos, Switzerland.
The occasion brings collectively leaders from authorities, enterprise and civil society to handle the state of the world and focus on priorities for the 12 months forward.
Established in 1971 by the German economist Klaus Schwab, the assembly was initially often known as the European Management Forum, till a reputation change in 1987.
The theme this 12 months is “Cooperation in a Fragmented World”.
Who is – and who is not – attending?
According to the organisers, greater than 2,700 leaders from 130 nations, together with 52 heads of state and authorities, will probably be attending the occasion in the alpine resort city.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is the solely G7 chief scheduled to attend the occasion. On Sunday, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa’s spokesperson introduced that the chief would not be attending the occasion on account of an ongoing vitality disaster in the nation.
- Alain Berset – president of the Swiss Confederation 2023 and Federal Councillor of Home Affairs
- Alexander De Croo – prime minister of Belgium
- Andrzej Duda – president of Poland
- Christine Lagarde – president of the European Central Bank
- Sanna Marin – prime minister of Finland
- Roberta Metsola – president of the European Parliament
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis – prime minister of Greece
- Mark Rutte – prime minister of the Netherlands
- Pedro Sánchez – prime minister of Spain
- Maia Sandu – president of the Republic of Moldova
- Olaf Scholz – federal chancellor of Germany
- Leo Varadkar – taoiseach of Ireland
- Ursula von der Leyen – president of the European Commission
- Aleksandar Vučić – president of Serbia
- Chrystia Freeland – deputy prime minister and minister of finance of Canada
- Avril Haines – US director of nationwide intelligence
- John F Kerry – particular US presidential envoy for local weather
- Katherine Tai – US commerce consultant
- Gustavo Francisco Petro Urrego – president of Colombia
- Martin J. Walsh – US secretary of labour
- Aziz Akhannouch – head of presidency of Morocco
- Najla Bouden – prime minister of Tunisia
- Samia SuluhuHassan – president of Tanzania
- Félix Tshisekedi – president of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ilham Aliyev – president of Azerbaijan
- Ferdinand Marcos, Jr – president of the Philippines
- Yoon Suk-yeol – president of South Korea
- Fatih Birol – govt director of the International Energy Agency
- Mirjana Spoljaric Egger – president of the International Committee of the Red Cross
- Antonio Guterres – secretary-general of the United Nations
- Kristalina Georgieva – managing director of the International Monetary Fund
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus – director basic of World Health Organization
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala – director basic of the World Trade Organization
- Catherine Russell – govt director of UNICEF
- Jens Stoltenberg – secretary-general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization